Wednesday 7 July 2010

Wii football: more Gary Neville than Lionel Messi

I really am a doomed prophet. Little over a week ago did I big up the World Cup, banging on about how it was competing with Mario - my first summer love, circa 2010 - that Argentina and Brazil, in particular, were brilliant to watch. Well, sadly, the gold has since turned to shit. Argentina have gone. Brazil have gone. The Spanish, with the exception of David Villa, are yet to fire.

I need a new football game to compensate for this drop in quality, but I've recently sold my Xbox and am hardly the biggest fan of the Wii's PES and FIFA offerings. Too slow and tactical for me, they play like RTS titles rather than the sports simulations that I pine for. And that's leaving aside the cold, hard fact that the graphics are more 'Gary Neville' than their Xbox/PS3 'Messi' counterparts.

So no football games for me for the time being then. Given the extent of my previous sports-games addictions, I should greet this as a plus. I won't though. My PES/FIFA adulation is too far gone for that.

No comments: